Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,000 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2021 revenues of approximately $10.5 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
The Senior Corporate Communications Representative will report to the Director, Corporate Communications and be a member of the global Corporate Communications team based in Kingsport, Tenn. This position plays a key role in driving the department’s initiatives and projects with efficiency and speed while providing overall communications support at a strategic, tactical, and operational level. This role impacts all areas of the company working with internal team members and external stakeholders. This is a global role, requiring a global mindset and a natural tendency to interface successfully across time zones and cultures.
This role includes both internal and external communications, executive communications, media relations, crisis communications and issues management communications. This requires building relationships with key internal clients and senior management, understanding the company’s business strategy, providing counsel and direction for communications strategies, developing communications plans, implementing those plans, and evaluating results. This person must be able to think and contribute on a strategic level, versus relying on tactical execution and direction from others.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, who is results-oriented and possesses extraordinary verbal and written communication skills. Candidates should demonstrate a can-do attitude, the ability to think critically, and a solutions-oriented approach to problem solving. Being able to take complex material and distill it to easily digestible and understandable information is an extremely important aspect of this role.
The candidate needs to have a demonstrated background in sustainability or corporate social responsibility and understand Environmental and Social Governance (ESG) and be familiar with sustainability plans and initiatives.
- Create communications materials including, but not limited to, integrated and comprehensive communications strategies, including talking points, communications toolkits, email communications, Powerpoint presentations, internal articles, social media posts, news releases, media kits, and media monitoring reports
- Research, plan, implement and evaluate communications strategies to show progress and opportunities for growth/change
- Maintain corporate brand standards to ensure a positive and cohesive corporate image through various collateral materials, employee communications, internal publications, web sites and social media
- Engage and collaborate with external public relations and communications resources (agencies, contractors, partner companies and organizations, etc.)
- Develop, collaborate and maintain relationships with key internal partners and decision-makers, corporate functions, employee resource groups, media/external communicators and others
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required, with emphasis in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing communications or a related discipline
- 10+ years of experience in corporate communications, public relations, marketing communications, corporate social responsibility, Environmental and Social Governance (ESG) or sustainability
- Prior experience working for a Fortune 500 or publicly-traded company
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated abilities in creating communications strategies including research, planning, implementation and evaluation
- Demonstrated experience working with social media and creating social media strategies
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Demonstrated experience leading and contributing to projects and collaborating at all levels of an organization and across geographies
- Demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills and team orientation with ability to influence and negotiate while working within a matrixed organization
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Demonstrated experience in crisis communications
- Prior experience working in news media is a plus
- Prior experience working with an Eastman business organization is a plus
- Demonstrated competency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Sharepoint, Teams and Excel)
- Adobe Suite expertise is a plus.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.