- Location: Johnson City, Tennessee
- Remote: Remote
- Type: Perm
- Job #189259
Title: Art Director
Company: Global Skincare Company
Location: Remote (must work EST hours)
We are seeking a charismatic, experienced, and forward-thinking Art Director with a strong knowledge and understanding of multiple channels digital and traditional marketing/communication, as well as an extensive creative background that encompasses design direction of print, merchandise, web, photography, paid social and video. This candidate must understand how to bring together ideas, words and images to create a well-rounded 360 brand experience. This person must be able to design creative solutions that engage consumers. The candidate’s ability to work from concept to execution is essential, as is the ability to work both independently and with a cross-functional teams. Our growing team produces engaging, high-quality assets in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment.
This role will closely collaborate with copywriters, and the rest of the design team, as well as other cross-functional colleagues.
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of management.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead design execution on creative vision for brands ensuring cross channel brand consistency.
- Develop strategic creative solutions for motion graphics, video, 360 campaigns, social video campaigns, e-commerce, print and packaging.
- Responsible for consistently executed brand-level photography for creative assets throughout all stages of the project, from set direction, driving prop sourcing/usage, narrative, lighting, composition, cropping, to retouching.
- Is a strategic thinker
- Responsible for executing solid interactive designs — both high level mood boards as well as fully-executed assets for social and digital
- Meet marketing objectives and strategies while adhering to tight deadlines
- Review creative briefs for incoming jobs and develop creative direction in a collaborative effort based on the job request/requirements
- Organize and maintain a heavy workload in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Work across a wide range of projects and brands. Work closely with creative and project managers to ensure day-to-day deliverables are met.
- Establish clean creative concepts that are consistent with the brand
- Estimate and manage time accurately and independently; maintain project deadlines and budget
- Manage the creative process from concept through execution to implementation
- Manage a small creative team, leading weekly 1:1s, active design sessions (brainstorming, whiteboarding, etc), critique sessions, and providing frequent feedback on-ongoing work.
- Bring latest design trends, best practices, and technical innovations across relevant digital platforms
- Bring a creative voice and influence to all aspects of business and culture.
Key Elements for Success/ Must Haves:
- BA or BFA Degree in graphic design or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of design experience in an agency setting – brand side, digital agency or PR fashion/luxury industry as a plus
- Great presentation skills, people skills, and the ability to work in a team environment are all key
- Must be highly creative, flexible, innovative, dynamic, passionate, collaborative, and results-focused
- Ability to produce quality work by deadline in a fast-paced environment
- Strong, diverse portfolio with examples of integrated campaigns and digital experiences is a MUST
- An ability to speak to design techniques with a strong understanding of composition, color, imagery, typography as it relates to the web, with a great eye for design
- A passion for digital culture and inventing solutions to tomorrow’s challenges today
- Deep understanding of major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc) as well as smaller and emerging platforms
- Deep understanding of responsive web design and UX/UI is a plus
- Responsible for mentoring and leading junior creative staff through critique of their work to maintain consistent creative quality
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Google Docs, Figma and Invision is a plus
- Photography and video creation/production skills a big plus
- Apply Now
The post Art Director appeared first on JBC Team.