Creative Energy is a full-service advertising, digital and public relations firm with a 25- year history of leadership. The company specializes in the food, building materials, financial and tourism industries.
We are in search of a public relations leader with a history of great storytelling in print, digital, social and trade environments.
The director of public relations is responsible for developing, writing and maintaining relationships with various publications editors, influential bloggers and client industry web publishers to facilitate advantageous placement of articles and releases in the name of the agency’s clients. The applicant should be familiar with, and have access to, a wide variety of research on attitudes and public opinions.
Reports to the president
- “Tells the organization’s story” using all appropriate media and communication channels.
- Generates and promotes ideas aimed at gaining support for client goals and policies from its target audiences.
- Serves as an advocate for client businesses; builds and maintains positive relationships with the public.
- Handles organizational functions such as media, community, consumer, and governmental relations; political campaigns; interest-group representation; conflict mediation; or employee and investor relations for designated accounts and/or the agency.
- Understands the attitudes and concerns of consumers, employees, and various other groups; keeps management aware of public attitudes and concerns of all groups and organizations with which the client must deal.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with representatives of community, consumer, employee, and public interest groups and with representatives from print, broadcast and web journalism.
- Informs the general public, interest groups, and stockholders of an organization’s policies, activities, and accomplishments.
- Directs the creation and implementation of all public relations campaigns, programs and publicity activities for the agency and its clients.
- Writes or coordinates the writing and production of all publicity stories.
- Meets weekly with media director and account services to coordinate media and publicity placement for maximum agency and client benefit
- Determines when and where all PR releases will be sent for placement.
- Works with account service personnel to develop publicity ideas for clients one month prior to the date of publication.
- Meets once a month, or as needed, with senior management to update them on department status and make any changes deemed necessary.
- Maintains current computer skills related to public relations department daily functions; ensures all public relations team members do the same.
- Authorizes department computer hardware and software purchase requisitions and notifies the controller/business manager. Authorizes subscriptions to newswire services and clipping service bureaus.
The Director of Public Relations should have a minimum of five years experience in the development and management of public relations within either a corporate or agency environment. The ideal candidate will be a member of the PRSA and an active member of community or civic organizations.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and proven capabilities in communications skills. Creative Energy offers generous vacations and benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance as well as 401(k).
The Creative Energy Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org