San Francisco-based Pandora advertising executives Mark Gill and Chase Martin brought their expertise in using the Pandora platform to the Tri-Cities on Oct. 13th. Gill and Martin shared how companies are using Pandora to reach their customers in unique and successful ways as well as some general information about the Pandora network.
- Attention Economy – You have 8 seconds of attention to capture before that person moves on.
- Show Me You Know Me – Don’t just advertise, engage with your audience.
- Sonic Boom – Look around: many people are wearing headphones or listening to music.
- 75% of people choose music as entertainment
- Audience play: 20 minutes per day, 84 million visitors
- The power of audio, aka the Headphone Generation
- 65,000 listeners in the Tri-Cities
- 1/3 of Americans listen to Pandora
- #1 on mobile time spent: 21 hrs
- Data Driven: over 1 billion data points
With Pandora, you can address your listener specifically with call outs like, “Hey mom” or “Hey voter” allowing you to sell to them casually without the hard sell. As a brand, you also have the ability to craft your own station that plays only your advertisements for your listeners.