Dr. Stephen Marshall hosted our monthly lunch event at East Tennessee State University today, giving us a lot to consider in the Experience Age. As many companies transition from promoting their platform to promoting an experience around their brand, they need marketers and advertisers able to deliver their message through a variety of mediums.
ETSU is the first of over 2500 universities throughout the US to take advantage of a partnership with Adobe to prepare college students for the Experience Age. The number of jobs in digital marketing continue to rise higher than the number of qualified applicants, and Dr. Marshall is helping to alleviate this issue one student at a time.
He gave us so much info, it’s probably best to list it all in bullet format.
- The average person checks their phone over 150 times a day
- 90% of marketing professionals feel behind in their digital knowledge
- 51% of consumers discover new companies on their phone
- 1 in 3 phone users purchase from a company other than their intended search
- 40% of users abandon a site that takes 3 seconds or longer to load
- 90% of consumers use multiple screens. Make your site cohesive, simple, and quick on all platforms.
- 48% buy from companies with instructional videos
If you came, thank you! We would love it if you could leave us a comment here: