We want to extend a big “Thank You!” to Cindy Hagemann for leading this event. Take a look at her tips for optimizing your LinkedIn profile.
Tip: Turn off your notifications to your connections: Profile photo icon at top of profile page = Settings & Privacy = Privacy = Sharing Profile Edits (change to NO)
Tip: Create 5 -10 key words to use in your profile for SEO that can include: skills; industry-related terms; education; training; certifications; computer platforms; etc.
New for LinkedIn in 2017
- LinkedIn is now using a combination of human editors and new algorithms
- You will see more content and fewer status updates (Tip: Sort news feed to Recent vs. Top to see more content)
- Your homepage feed now suggests organic, sponsored, and native advertising content that they YOU users might be interested in reading
- The feed will also help users follow trending stories … similar to Facebook
- Header/Cover Photo – 1584 wide by 396 high or 1000 x 425 pixels
- Profile Photo – 400 x 400 pixels
Headline Includes: Name, Title (High SEO) -120 characters max, Location, Education (Tip: Put all of this in manually instead of allowing it to populate as you complete the sections)
Summary (Key Words)
- 2,000 characters max
- Tell your professional story
- 2,000 characters max
- Use key words
- 2-3 paragraphs
- Write it in Word, format with bullets (if you want), run spell/grammar check, then copy/paste in to LinkedIn
- Summary Section is not completely visible to your Connections without opening it up by clicking on it – Tip: make your first two sentences interesting enough to “click”
- Analytics available right on your page with a Dashboard that is private to you
- Follow your Activity and the Activity of your Connections
- Customize URL – make it your name
- Email – add
- Phone (optional) – add when looking for a job or use company phone after you have a job or cell, if comfortable doing so
Experience (Key Words)
- Title – 100 characters max
- Company – link to the company’s LinkedIn page for logo to display
- Description – add what you do at the company using 1,000 characters max
Skills & Endorsements (Key Words)
- Up to 50 key words can be used
- High SEO for the skill that are endorsed by your connections
- Move important skills to the top of your list
- Endorse connections for their skills
Publishing Interface (Bloggers apply here)
- Writers with original content have a wonderful opportunity to post their content LinkedIn with one click.
- Analytics are available for each post to the writer
- SEO for the LinkedIn Publishing platform
- Types of Groups: Alumni, Industry related, networking, job searching
- Search for Groups to join
- Join up to 50 Groups
- Share articles, events, promotions in Groups
- In addition to the usual analytics that we are used to Who Viewed Your Profile or Users Who Liked Your Post – LinkedIn now provides more analytics about how other users interact with the content you share.
- Now, users can see not only who likes their content, but which companies they come from and what roles they’re in.
- Also, suggests articles that I might want to share with my connections for more engagement.
Now when using the Search Bar – users have can choose:
- Search – All
- Search – People
- Search – Jobs
- Search – Content
- Search – Companies
- Search – Groups
- Search – Schools
These search options allow the users to narrow down their search field or to be a broader search by using the All option.
Connect with Cindy on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/cindyhagemann
Need any LinkedIn Assistance? Cindy Hagemann email@example.com Cell: 252-455-0298